I work for West Berkshire & Renegade Brewery and sometimes I will blog about either things we are involved with or events we are running, I will disclaim anything linked to my job at the start of the blog posts. All opinions, reviews and thoughts wrote on this blog are my own and not those of West Berkshire and Renegade Brewery.
I don’t really think of my self as a beer writer, I am a beer blogger. I am also part of the voluntary Leyton Orient Supporters Club committee, which on some occasions we may get samples free of charge and I may include that in a blog post, again this will be disclaimed at the end of a blog post. Any events I am running at Leyton Orient Supporters Club I do not see the need to disclaim.
All blog posts are created by me, I only blog about things I have liked, enjoyed and think other people will also enjoy. There is enough negativity online, so I will not post blogs for negative reasons. Sometimes my blog post will include something that I have been invited to or been sent free of charge, I will disclaim at the end of each blog post. Although I do think that not paying for an event or beer will effect my opinion, I understand that readers should be able to make their own mind up regarding my blog posts.
Things I do
- I am open to samples, but in accepting the sample I am not guaranteeing a blog post or review. If it is something that I like or if I think people will benefit from a review then I will write a blog post. If I do not like it I will reply to you with reasons why. I am also open to accepting samples with beer ordering for Leyton Orient Supporters Club in mind, I may not write a blog post about it but it may be something we would be interested in stocking
- Blog about beers, events or venues associated with my employers West Berkshire & Renegade Brewery, this will be disclaimed
- Explain each blog post with a disclaimer, some past blog poss prior to 26/07/2016 may not have one
- Share samples or invites to free events with my friends. I want my friends to enjoy the same opportunities that I have whenever possible, once a month I take part in a Bottleshare, if you would like honest reviews then we are open to samples for this
- Go secret squirrel and visit places that have not contacted me, this is how I started and the blog posts I enjoy the most
- Take lots of photos because I am an Instagram addict! Some may be of events or of beers that I have not paid for, I am taking these photos because I love me some good beer porn not for any advertisement reasons or because I have been asked, when I remember I will disclaim in the comments
- Take inspiration from other recipes that I see online, in books, TV or from pub convo’s
- Allow my blog posts or photos to be used on other blogs, websites or magazines, please contact me as I would like a hardcopy/link and please credit me if you do use something of mine
- I do have a full time job so it can be difficult to get some write ups done in set times, so please bare with me!
- I do work within the beer industry, there may be times that I cannot blog as of a clash of interest, I will contact anyone if I am not able to blog about something
- I would be interested to write for publications, please contact me if interested
Things I don’t do
- Post negative reviews or blog posts, the internet is already full of nasty things I have no desire to contribute to that
- Accept samples with a guarantee agreement of writing a blog post about said sample
- Copy and paste advertisement information sent to me
- Write any content for money, I am not interested in using my blog for any financial gain (unless the writing is for a publication), I just want to share that good beer love
- Use other peoples photos
- Add advertisements links to my website for cash or commission
- Visit a venue or event and accept free hospitality in return for a guaranteed blog post regardless of if I liked said venue or event
- Kiss on a first date
Feel free to email me at email@example.com